The annual member recruitment has returned with the name “Galvanizer”, promising to bring together the most enthusiastic and passionate soldiers who stimulate and excite people to cause them to take action. They are leaders who create impacts and novel values to motivate changes and developments. The next generation is expected to overcome, learn, share, and grow. Together, they make inspiration so as to build ET becoming a leading community for university students.
TO BECOME A GALVANIZER
ISB EVENT TEAM
As a student organization under ISB, ISB Event Team was established in 2016 and is in charge of organizing events as well as creating a healthy playground for the student community of ISB in particular and UEH students in general.
Content & Logistics Department (CL) is a vibrant environment for versatile, hardworking, meticulous individuals where we welcome every breakthrough idea. CL is also a key factor in every event at ISB Event Team since this is where the foundation is set by performing tasks such as planning, development, and management.
- Building content for email and social media platforms.
- Working with PR Department to write and develop design briefs for media publications, artwork, and come up with creative ideas on media platforms.
- Being in charge of administrative tasks and becoming a main contact channel for participants with regards to event-related issues.
- Researching and dealing for a reasonable price to buy the necessary materials, services.
- Being responsible for paperwork such as budgeting, personnel arrangement, and invoice management.
- Involving in logistics activities for pre-event planning and execution.
- Being in charge of the background decoration and costume design.
- Undertaking technical work, preparing sound, lighting, effects in the event.
- Challenging yourself in various roles such as MC, director, singer, dancer, actors
- Building cryptograms and games at each station.
- Brainstorming and developing creative concepts and Teambuilding activities.
- Passionate about the work of Content & Logistic Department.
- Extremely serious and responsible at work.
- Good teamwork and critical thinking skills;
- Good organization and management skills;
- Willing to face new challenges and make consistent efforts.
- Work well under pressure and be persistent.
- Creative in each job.
- Careful, meticulous, and well organized.
- Flexible, hardworking and dynamic.
- Having artistic and writing skills, and proficiency in Microsoft Office and Google Workspace tools is a bonus point.
Positioning as a bridge between ISB Event Team and companies as well as other external affairs, External Relations Department has been always trying to increase ET’s reputation in the university community. Through the working process, our ultimate goal is to bring all financial and material benefits for organizing events and simultaneously affirm the role of ET in the corporate environment, thus, establishing a long-term relationship with them. It can be said that ER is the financial breadwinner of ET.
- Coordinating with other departments to create and implement strategies for sponsors, and resolving any issues that arise;
- Researching and brainstorming key partners and companies’ insights to maximise benefits and satisfy sponsorship requirements;
- Finding tools and communication channels for approaching sponsor partners effectively;
- Establishing long-term relationships with partners and sponsors to meet their needs;
- Working with the Board of Director to negotiate about sponsorship, external affairs and what can be done to create a win-win relationship;
- Build professional sponsorship proposals for most of the events to support ET’s budget;
- Keeping track of sponsorship benefits;
- Be responsible for external affairs such as contacting guest speakers, KOLs, ambassadors or collaborating with other clubs, organisations, etc;
- Represent ISB Event Team to be the key contact person and negotiate with venues for organising events with a reasonable price.
- Consistent with daily tasks and be able to deal with paperwork.
- A hunger to learn, and develop new skills.
- Ability to communicate and negotiate effectively and persuasively.
- Strong communication, interpersonal skills and able to influence others.
- Able to multi-task and manage a balanced agenda.
- Ability to maintain professional integrity and secure internal information.
- Good teamwork, critical thinking skills and research skill.
- Strong analytical and strategic skills to evaluate issues and make tactical recommendations.
- Have creative thinking and basic skills in designing and ability to use tools such as Figma or Adobe Illustrator are bonus points.
Playing a role as the communication representative of ISB Event Team with professional and eye-catching media publications, Public Relations Department (PR) is where people interested in aesthetics and graphics assemble. Our missions are to bridge communication between ET and students as well as to build the image of events on social media platforms and websites.
- Managing Communication Channels of ISB Event Team:
+ Following up, monitoring, and communicating with customers and students on Fanpage of ISB Event Team
+ Analyzing and reporting social media interactions.
+ Building communicating plans for ISB Event Team’s events.
+ Updating regular posts to promote for ISB Event Team’s events.
- Design: Designing POSMs and of ISB Event Team’s events, taking responsibility for aesthetic/professional visuals of ISB Event Team.
- Photography: Taking and retouching photos to recap moments of ISB Event Team’s events.
- Video: Taking responsibility for directing, filming, and editing for Trigger Video, Trailer Video, and Recap Video… of ISB Event Team’s events.
- Proactive, responsible, patient, and eager to learn;
- Creative and sophisticated in aesthetics;
- Being able to develop Communication Plans;
- Being able to keep up with the latest Social Media and Design Trends;
- Being able to work well under pressure and have good time management skills;
- Being able to use one or several Graphic Design Software Programs (Adobe Illustrators or Adobe Photoshop) as well as Video Editing Tools (Adobe Premiere or Adobe After Effects) is a bonus;
- Being able to take photos with digital cameras and use Photography Retouching Programs such as Adobe Lightroom, is a bonus;
- The ability to draw by hand/Wacom tablet or having an individual camera is a bonus.
CLICK THE PICTURE TO SEE INFORMATION ABOUT EACH DEPARTMENT
COMPANY AND ORGANIZATION PARTNERS
MEMBERS AND COLLABORATORS
STRUCTURE OF EACH ROUND
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
→ All students studying at UEH-ISB – including students from ISB.BBUS, WSU.BBUS and PWB.BBUS program – are eligible to become members of ISB Event Team.
- Round 1: Application form:
The candidates will fill out the Application Form on the website containing personal information, experience, and skills evaluation questions related to the department you are applying for.
- Round 2: Interview:
The candidates will participate in an interview with ISB Event Team’s Recruitment Board via Zoom Meeting to validate if they’re suitable to become a member.
- Round 3: Teamwork:
Every candidate will be assigned into random teams to build a plan for an event that shows the teamwork skills and practical work ability of each person.
→ It depends on the number of applications each year and the different demands of each department.
→ Yes, a candidate can apply for up to 2 departments. However, the candidates will be assigned to their department only after we have thoroughly considered their suitability based on criteria such as: aspiration, performance marks, etc.
→ Our selection criteria for members of ISB Event Team: “Not choosing the best but the most appropriate”. We embrace the spirit of solidarity and enthusiasm of each individual. Don’t worry if you feel like you don’t have the adequate skillset of an ET member, there are many chances for you to improve your skills via our internal training sessions.
→ Selection criteria for each department: The criteria are listed clearly on the Job Description and Job Specification of each department. More information is provided on the ISB Event Team Website. You should check those 2 important documents right away!
Each department will give bonus points for any candidate who has some of these specific skills:
→ Content and Logistics: Artistic and content creating skills, Outdoor event organizing experience and Budget planning skills,
→ External Relations: Microsoft PowerPoint, Adobe InDesign or similar skills.
→ Public Relations: Beyond basic design skill, Having a Camera or being able to use Hand Drawing/Wacom tablet drawing skills.
→ When becoming a member of ET, you will have many opportunities to be involved in different departments. Additionally, training sessions organized by ISB Event Team’s current and former members, as well as from guest speakers can help you achieve the necessary and practical skills that would benefit your progress at ISB Event Team.
→ You will be a Supporter for a period of 6 months to 1 year before becoming an official ISB Event Team Member. During such time, multiple evaluations will take place to make sure that we select the most suitable for our team.
→ You don’t need to pay any fees as a member of ISB Event Team.
The amount of extra-curricular points will be updated based on the scale of the event and your role in that event. Additionally, there will be an update every 6 months for being a member of ET.