Application for: 5155
1st Department: Public Relations (PR)
2nd Department: None
PART 1: PERSONAL INFORMATION
|Year in University
|Means of Transportation
|How did you know this Recruitment?
|Social Media Platforms, Friends/Word of Mouth
|Nhiếp ảnh, chơi game, cầu lông
PART 2: SELF-ASSESSMENT
|a. Design & Edit
|c. Microsoft Office
|d. Technical skills
|e. Special abilities
|f. Soft skills
|problem solving, management, event organizing
|g. Other skills
|a. How do you describe yourself?
|I would describe myself to be carefree, energetic, friendly, and trustworthy. I like to be around people to work, study, have conversations and mostly have a good time. I'm also very passionate about my hobbies and work so I try my hardest to do the best I can and always improve which makes me kind of a prefectionist
|b. What are your strengths and weaknesses?
- Teamwork: I find myself most effective in a team environment where I can collaborate, share ideas and maybe lead other team members.
- Quick-learner: I am confident that i can adapt and learn quickly in a new environment
- Persistent: once i put my mind to it I make sure that the task at hand is finished. This means I never back down from a challenge or difficulties
- Procrastination: i find myself procrastinating in a lot of things from my studies to work which can hinder progress
- Poor time management: sometimes i get overwhelmed with studying, working and my hobby which is a result of poor time management
|c. Which Extra-curricular activities did you join in the past?
|I've participated in a number of activities during high school which include:
- Le Hong Phong Photography Club Lumiere (2019 - 2022): I worked mainly as a photographer and became vice president in my second year. This was my first time working in a club so i gathered a lot of experience from my seniors inlcuding photography skills, teamworking and mangament
- Le Hong Phong Traditional Graduation Event (2021 - 2022): I joined the Event department whose main job is brainstorming, building, managing and executing events. I worked both as a collaborator and an organizer. During my time in the organization, I learned many things about event organizing and team management since i had to instruct and mentor a few collaborators in the team.
Both of these activities had certificates which i had received
3. UNDERSTANDING OF ISB EVENT TEAM:
|a. What do you know about ISB Event Team?
|ISB Event Team as i know of was founded in 2016 with 3 departments and has been making events for uni goers since then. They work closely with ISB to create not only events for the school, but also do charity work. With a long history, ET in my eyes is a org that contains passionate members that work together to give students joy outside and inside school
|b. Why did you decide to apply to become a collaborator of ISB Event Team?
|I was at first hesitant to join any clubs and the only club that I was considering was ISB Event Team. Partly because I was afraid of not having enough time for studying and that I did not find any club to be particularly interesting. So I decided to join ISB Go and ISB Teambuilding to understand more about ET's events and how the members are. After seeing how both the participants and the organizers were very passionate, i decided that ET is where i want to spend my time during uni and I also want to be the one creating events for future students.
4. ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS:
|a. List all the steps that you think are necessary to hold an event. Which is the most important? Why?
|My list goes as follows, in order from the first step to the last:
- Think of a purpose for the event
- Brainstorm ideas
- Make a general plan
- Make a timeline for planning the event
- Make a detailed timeline for the event
- Work on the logistics, including the budget
- Find a venue
- Look for collaborators, and organizations for additional help if needed
- Make back-up plans
- Finalize the plan
- Check for supplies, props, human resource and back-up plan
- Hold the event
- Listen to feedback and criticism. Look back on the day of the event and figure out what could have been done better
THe most important step in my opinion is making a general plan. You will have to base your entire event and future steps on this general plan so you have to be careful. You have to be specific enough to create a particular image but not too specific so that you can make changes later on. If the organizers are not sure of their general idea for the event, they may get distracted and stray away from the original purpose of the event. Additionally, the general plan must be of enough information that your team members from other departments can understand the core value and from there do further work.
|b. Are you currently joining any clubs or organizations?
|c. If you join ISB Event Team as an official collaborator, how many hours a week would you devote to the work?
PART 3: DEPARTMENT
|Please choose your FIRST DEPARTMENT ASPIRATION:
|Public Relations (PR)
I. GENERAL KNOWLEDGE:
Please give your short answer to each of the following questions
|1. In your own words, how can visuals influence the promotion of an event?
|In my opinion, visuals can decide if the promotion of an event succeed or not. It does this by:
- Attracting the attention of intended audience
- Create a general image for the event
If the visuals is not appealing or does not represent the event, promotion will not be successful
|2. Give a general comment about ISB Event Team’s publications in both online and printed materials. Which publications impressed you the most? Briefly explain.
|ET's publications, in my opinion, are professional as well as attractive. They use a variety of design styles, colors, themes and execute them nicely. These publications convey a energetic org whose main goal is to create exciting events for uni students.
I'm most impressed by the videos produced by ET, especially the trailer for ISB Welcome Night. This trailer impressed with its stunning visuals and special effects. Knowing that this is a club whose members are mostly students, this level of production was quite good. Another thing i like about this trailer is, like other trailers that ET has made, that it's heavily influenced by blockbuster movie trailers. And although they have made a lot of them, ET manages to come up with new ideas that is both original and exciting like the Welcome night trailer
|3. Name 03 trending keywords on social media, such as Facebook and Tik Tok.
|Trả bài, độc lạ, ông Thương
II. SKILL EVALUATION:
Please give your short answer to each of the following questions
|Which skills are you confident in?
|B. PHOTOGRAPHER & EDITOR
B. Photographer & Editor:
|1. Do you have any kinds of digital/film cameras?
|What kind of camera do you use?
|2. Please attach a link to show us your 03 MOST favorite photos that you have taken.
|3. Please freely retouch this raw photo in HERE as your preference and attach a link to show us your final result.
|4. Have you ever tried yourself in video editing?
|5. If you have a chance to make a trailer video for a Special Event with the concept “MULTIVERSE”, what will you do?
SECOND DEPARTMENT (Optional)
|Choose your SECOND ASPIRATION